Sunday, August 4, 2013

MyFitnessPal:How Many Calories do you Eat????


One of the first questions I ask someone interested in either LOSING weight or GAINING weight is how many calories do you eat a day?  Almost 100% of the time the answer is "uh I don't know" or "I have no idea but I try to eat HEALTHY".  The latter is my favorite response because even if you’re eating "healthy" you can still gain weight by eating a surplus amount of calories. (E.g. 1,000 calories "salads")  That is one of the biggest problems in the food industry today- no matter where you go to eat healthy or not it’s going to be calorie packed unless you get the skinny portion.
I could go on and on with all the science behind it but you would probably flip to the next website because your head will be hurting.  

So to save time just think of this simple question: HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY LOSE WEIGHT WITHOUT KNOWING HOW MUCH YOU EAT?  This is where the app MyFitnessPal comes in.  (There are many other apps that count calories out there I just find this one the best and oh yeah its FREE)  If you have a Smartphone or a computer that downloads apps please download MyFitnessPal and start counting your calories today.  It will even have you break down the macro and micronutrients throughout your day as well (WHICH I FIND THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!).  This is a great first step and I would say CRITICAL step to losing or gaining weight or even MAINTAING weight.  

It is very simple to use and has almost every food you can think of either take out or dining on there, and if it's not you can simply make a new food item for that meal.  The app will calculate how many calories you should be consuming a day based of your activity, age, weight, height, and gender.  Keep in mind this is an ESTIMATE and may need correcting.  I hope you take this first step to a healthier you and start keeping track of your calories today!!! I am going to be posting my next article on HEART RATE MONITORS soon so check back in a couple of weeks !!!! Any questions please comment below!




LINK: http://www.myfitnesspal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment