Sunday, April 7, 2013

5 Reasons to Take Fish Oil

http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/964/Five_Reasons_Fish_Oil_Will_Make_You_Stronger_Leane.aspx


If you are not taking fish oil you need to read the above article by Charles Poliquin.  There are numerous ways fish oil can help benefit your life immediately.  Like building muscle, enhancing body composition, losing body fat, and improving insulin sensitivity and metabolism.  For me fish oil has helped raise my HDL levels and lower my LDL levels.  (HDL the good cholesterol and LDL the bad)  Although I don't know this to be 100% true it is a good theory because I started taking fish oil pills that I got prescribed by my doctor (2-4 grams a day) and I didn't change any of my life patterns from eating to exercising.  I took my yearly blood tests and my cholesterol levels improved greatly.  The first thing I thought was it had to of been the fish oil because I couldn't think of anything else I have changed.  Fish oil is composed of omega-3 fatty acids, which Americans are greatly depleted in.  Unless you are eating a ton of fish (something I don’t do) you will not be able to get your omega-3 fatty acids because your body cannot make them.  If you are not taking fish oil I strongly encourage you to do so it will not only make you healthier, but it will give you more energy throughout the day to do the things you love doing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment